Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I'm BACK with a BANG!!

Ok, so I totally forgot I even had a blog!!! I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and attempt my comeback!!

Update on life since 2011...I quit teaching because I simply just got burnt out from school politics. I miss the kids all the time. I'm in commercial real estate now. I met this really amazing man, and now I'm getting married to him!! Eeeeek!!!

So here we are, 25 more days to go until our wedding... and we decided to start a juice cleanse!!




Phillip and I hit up Ranch 99 (an Asian grocery store where $20 can buy you a whole week's worth of veggies!) and bought cucumbers, kale, limes, lemon, apples, granny smith apples, beets and ginger. I love it when one stop to the grocery store gets you everything you need :) We had at home: carrots, celery and grapes so no need to purchase. All of this only cost $24.68!!! Gotta brag about a good deal!







We chopped up the veggies so they would fit in the juicer. Peeled off the skin for the beet and lemon/lime!

4 leaves kale                              1 beet
1 cucumber                             1/4 lemon
1 Granny Smith apple              1/4 lime
1 carrot (20 baby carrots)


 So all of this juiced turned out to fill up to the rim of my reusable Starbucks Venti cup!! I was afraid that the juice would be horrific, but it turns out it's really not that bad. I mean, if I want to get fit, I've got to make sacrifices right? Although, I do love veggies so if you don't like veggies, this "juicing" thing is probably not for you!






My "Hunya" (Instead of calling each other "Hunny" like everyone else, it's our silly way of referring to each other...hahaha) cleaning the juicer! Which is as easy as a quick rinse and maybe grabbing a sponge with soap to gently clean the juicer's components. If he doesn't mind cleaning it, I'm sure it's easy!!


So what is really cool about the left over stuff is that you can REJUICE!! We got like a whole 8 oz. glass full by processing it two more times!! Perfect for a snack juice pre made!!!

Now these balls of "pulp" can be used for something more!! I just love getting to use things for multiple purposes! No wasting my $24.68!!

HEALTHY DOGGIE TREATS!!! You take the pulp, put it in a bowl, add some oil (just enough to help the veggie balls cook) make them into balls, put on a cookie sheet, bake at 350 degrees. If your balls are pretty moist, 30 minutes. If they are dry, 15 minutes. When they are done cooking, let cool... then SERVE to your pups!!! They wouldn't eat the treats raw, but they went crazy for it once it was cooked! Phillip and I tried one, but it was soooo grosss!!! Definitely doggie treats :)






Levi, Disney and Miley are
wanting more of  these treats!!

So we had this juice, the struggle was real towards 10:30 PM... I was really hungry and I was getting crabby! I was starting to get mean, but Phillip was so sweet in handling the hungry monster!! I lost the battle and had ONE COOKIE!! Yikes, but I'm sure that's really not going to affect the cleanse...? I guess we will see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment